Wednesday, March 11, 2009

# 69 "Something’s Missing?"

Something’s Missing?


Is it too much to ask to be with you?
It’s the most important thing I’ll ever do.

Oh the house, the car and the money is good.
But there is so much missing that never should.

I smile at my image on the mirrored door.
I see no one to share what my love is for.

I wouldn’t mind if that’s how it had to be.
But I sometimes think it’s because of me.

Will I wait for the one I may never find?
Should I limit my love to a certain kind?

Would it serve me right to hold you at bay?
Then wakeup tomorrow in a useless way.

In matters of heart I will open my soul.
Perhaps some wisdom will play a role.

It’s my heart that tells me time for a mate.
My wisdom that asks, when is too late?

It’s a balancing task we no two the same.
Rarely defeated with only one to blame.

I hope for us all the chance to succeed.
And a little more love than we’ll ever need.

Jim Raab

No comments:

Post a Comment