Wednesday, March 11, 2009

# 68 "Who?"

Who?

Though you never asked I’ll tell you anyway.
Perhaps you don’t care so I’ll put it this way.
A friend of yours is now a friend of mine.
And given me a reason to write this rhyme.
It seems when you were gone for that day or two.
There was someone we know staying with you.
I confronted this claim with questions of why.
Some sorrow was expressed no need to deny.
I’ve been screwed before and so I know the deal.
The sex was good but you love was not real.
I am much wiser now not so easy to fool.
So I’m doubtful at first as a general rule.
With my emotional guard firmly in place.
You have vanished from my heart without a trace.
I seem simple to you, from the outside in.
But deep down inside under my skin.
Is my love of life and the need to share.
And I hope some day you learn to care.
No need to stop by or tell me a lie or fake a cry.
Tears for me I would not see only for you could they be.
All your shit is in storage now your mom has the key.
I wish you the best no more can I do.
If anyone asks I’ll just say who?

Jim Raab

No comments:

Post a Comment