Wednesday, March 11, 2009

# 64 "Spirituality."

Spirituality.

My spirit is really.
All that I am.
A mass of irrelevance.
For you to scan.
My body’s on loan.
With time to span.
I have this thing.
About the giving I can.

Happiness is not.
My children of acquire.
More about spirituality.
That they inspire.
And by the light.
A love they aspire.
That is life’s gift.
Of joy I admire.

Cause and effect.
Is of physical domain.
Sacrifices and emotions.
Are far from brain.
Logic would tell me.
To refrain from pain.
If I didn’t understand.
I’d know I’m insane.

In the darkness of brain.
Its just thoughts I see.
Influenced by the sensors.
That are covering me.
To my perception of red.
I’m trained to agree.
But interpretation of meanings.
We see so differently.

In times of dream.
I’m startled by whom?
I can’t scare myself.
Or so I assume.
I open my eyes.
I’m back in my room.
Without hesitation.
A dream will resume.

Jim Raab

No comments:

Post a Comment