Saturday, February 6, 2010

Does anybody really care?

Does anybody really care?
The few that do sure are rare
Now our jobs just fad away
Look for work another day
Life is merely one short glance
As lives are lost without a chance
Families are crushed without a clue
And terror strikes more than few
Sad is what we often face
It shows up in our everyplace
For every star that’s in the sky
I know another soul will cry
Even in our joyful cheers
We hide the pain that cries our tears
Homes are lost no place to stay
Save our children now we pray
As sorrow lingers all about
Names of God is what we shout
Waging wars will help a few
And they know just what to do
Battle cries can still be heard
Killing in the name of words
Kill them all without a doubt
Let their gods sort them out
Sad it is that I know
To what lengths we will go
There’s a monster in USA
It does not care what people say
It’s taking all that it can
Has no soul not mortal man
Now breeding power and of greed
Overgrown this destructive weed
Corporate leaders lobby their cause
One by one we follow their laws
Out of control is what they are
Lost our way gone too far
Foolish boy I think I am
Thinking plenty will give a dam
Give me your poor tired and lame
Yes we treat them all the same
I‘m not here on earth to judge
And of you I hold no grudge
In this country I was born
Of this land my heart is torn
To my children I can say
I defied the complacent way
Shout my thoughts across the land
Humanity is my demand
JimRaab

No comments:

Post a Comment