Wednesday, March 11, 2009

#58 "Tired of Waiting."

Tired of Waiting.


Honey, I'm tired of waiting.
Your love I’m anticipating.
I don't want to wait a month.
Or a week, or a day or two.
Can’t you see I love you girl.
I need my waiting to be through.

I can’t reach you by railway.
I can’t reach you by trail way.
I can’t reach you on an airplane.
I can’t reach you by the rail train.
I can’t reach you by caravan.
Cross the desert like a sand man.

I don't care how.
And no matter where.
I’ll soon be there.
With my love to share.
I don't care how far you see.
Just tell me where and when.
I swear the gods can’t stop me.
You’ll see me there by then.

I can’t reach you by sailboat.
You drive me crazy as a coyote.
Take a sled and slide down slow.
I can’t get there without where to go.

I can’t jump on a speedy colt.
Cross borders in a blaze of hope.
I don't know how to get there.
Don’t know the time or where to be.
There’s a whole world of loving.
Just your number stopping we.

I can’t windsurf into your heart.
I can’t get there if I can’t start.
There ain’t no magic carpet ride.
I can’t hold you by my side.

I can’t take the big balloon.
But I better make it soon.
Just type that number down.
And give the mouse a squeeze.
Life comes with some days.
When time is yours to seize.
I’m begging you sweetheart.
What’s your number please?

Jim Raab

No comments:

Post a Comment